You know that there’s a difference between merely washing your car and getting it detailed. However, do you know what exactly is included in detailing? What does the price tag get you? Check out our guide to services covered in auto detailing.
- Paint restoration. The most important part of detailing a car is making sure the paint is as good as new. This includes washing the car and then using clay to get excess soap scum or water marks off of the paint. Any small scratches are buffed out, and then the paint is polished. These steps leave your car as shiny as new.
- Top to bottom cleaning. Every square inch of the vehicle is cleaned thoroughly. This is far more than a simple car wash will be able to provide—a car wash rinses only the exterior of the car. Auto detailing can include the wheel wells of your vehicle, which will get rid of buildup from salt and grit on the roads. Some detailing packages even include cleaning the engine bay and sealing any rubber or plastic components. Adjusting your engine will no longer automatically result in oil stains everywhere.
- Polished finish. Besides the car’s paint, all metal and glass surfaces will be polished. Windows will be polished on the exterior and interior, so there’s no chance of dirty glass leading to an accident.
- Sealed headlights. Over time, lights can become oxidized. This causes them to lose their efficacy. Sealing the headlights prevents this from occurring, so you’ll be able to drive in any weather with ease.
- Clean interiors. The interior of the vehicle is just as important as the exterior in detailing. This means the car’s upholstery is washed, shampooed, and vacuumed, and all plastic or metal parts in the interior are given detail-oriented care.
Contact Q Car Care today to learn what we can do for detailing your vehicle. Your car will look brand new—don’t hesitate to call!